Brighouse & Rastrick are the only band in the top flight that has operated entirely by its own independent efforts since its formation in 1881. Financially we continue to rely on the support given by the public, both locally and afar, in the form of donations, moral support, attending concerts and through the bands own range of enterprises.
You can help to keep this unique band at the very top of the brass band league by joining one of the Brighouse and Rastrick Band Patrons schemes. The original scheme, founded in 1964, gave patrons access to concert tickets for our very popular Huddersfield concerts before they went on sale to the general public. This facility continues today, with both our schemes, but Band Patrons, many of whom live across the whole UK and abroad, also receive newsletters about band activities and other benefits including free CD’s. You can join at any time of the year.
Band Patrons of the Brighouse and Rastrick Band enrol for a minimum donation of £35 per annum, and receive:
- news of the Band in the form of newsletters etc.
- invitations to ocassional special events organised by the band
- one free compact disc of your choice from our current range;
- one free ticket for one of our own Huddersfield Town Hall concerts and entitlement to priority booking of other discounted tickets for the Autumn and Spring Massed Bands concerts promoted by the band in the famous Huddersfield Town Hall;
Concert Patrons of the Brighouse and Rastrick Band enrol for a minimum donation of £20 per annum, and are entitled to:
- priority booking of 2 discounted seats per concert for the Autumn and Spring Massed Bands concerts in Huddersfield Town Hall promoted by the band.
If you are interested in becoming a member of the Brighouse and Rastrick Band Patrons, then please complete an application form.